Simpson Water Barrier Technology
What is WaterBarrier® Technology?
- One-piece of Medium Density Overlay (MDO) on outside for the very toughest exposures - commonly used on concrete forms and street signs
- Minimizes the possibility of stile and rail separation
- Eliminates checking on the face of the door
- Excellent durability and resists moisture absorption
- Overlay has thermoset acrylic latex primer topcoat, resulting in superior paint application
- Can use water or alkyd-based paints on finish
- PVC glazing bead provides moisture resistance
- Choose any species to match interior architecture
- Available for virtually any Simpson door. To see if your door can accept WaterBarrier technology, visit Find a Door.
- Five year limited warranty, no overhang required
WATERBARRIER TECHNOLOGY = 5 YEAR WARRANTY WITH NO OVERHANG REQUIREMENT
Available for virtually any Simpson exterior door, WaterBarrier technology combines a Medium Density Overlay (MDO) with PVC glazing beads and bars to create an exterior that stops water in its tracks. Select your choice of wood species and you've got the best of both worlds: water protection on the outside and the unmatched beauty of a real wood door on the inside. It's a perfect alternative to an expensive cladded door, and exactly the type of innovation you'd expect from Simpson.